Mayor Sheehy Declares Existence of a Local Emergency. Here is the information.
- Asking us, the citizens of Lake Havasu to Follow the guidelines provided by the CDC for social distancing, avoiding groups of 10 or more people, practice good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing and stay at home when it’s an option. The focus is to flatten he spread of COVID 19 and to stop the spread of this virus and keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed and maximize available funding.
- All restaurants, bars, cafes, coffee houses, retail food facilities, and other similar business and establishments are asked to take measures to implement social distancing and increase the use of delivery service, drive through service, pick up delivery, drive through window service and use precautions in doing so to prevent the possible exposure of COVID-19.
- The mayor has been in contact with Governor Ducey, Senator McSally, and Senator Sinema’s office to push for small business support during this time.
- Supply chains have confirmed they are intact.
- Remain calm and do not over purchase so everyone may get the needed supplies they require.
UNEMPLOYMENT FILING AND OTHER INFORMATION:
- Dept of Labor offers programs for Dislocated workers that are unemployed at no fault of their own. This program offers relief for Rent, mortgages, utilities, gas, maintenance, child care, etc. This program requires a physical visit to their office at 2001 College Drive, at the courthouse. Phone number is 928.453.0710
- WACOG offers financial relief programs as well https://www.wacog.com/
- RESCARE for families with Children. https://www.rescareworks.com/
- Existing WIOA information and access is: https://www.doleta.gov/wioa/
- BEAP for Bartenders https://www.usbgfoundation.org/beap-application-faq
Radio Central urges everyone to remain calm and practice good hygiene and social distancing. We will make it through this. Thank you.