Contact: Jamie Taylor, Director of Development & Public Relations (928/757-0664)
Visiting Doctor from Mayo Clinic To give Presentation on Tai Chi and Qigong
Kingman, Arizona – [April 3, 2014 ] On Friday, April 18, 2014; Dr. Mary Jurisson, M.D. a visiting physician from The Mayo Clinic will be speaking at a special KRMC Lunch & Learn. Her topic will be “Tai Chi and Qigong, Vitality and Equanimity.” This will be in addition to the regular Lunch & Learn on Wednesday, April 16th where Dr. Adam Braze will be speaking on Lung Cancer.
Dr. Jurisson received her undergraduate degree in biology from Stanford University. She then completed her Doctor of Medicine at the University of Minnesota Medical School. She would go on to complete her internship at the University of Hawaii and then her residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota. During her time at the Mayo Clinic she has obtained fellowships in Internal Medicine, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Jurisson also received a fellowship in Rheumatology from the University of Michigan.
Lunch & Learn features a different medical professional each month, focusing on important healthcare topics. This seminar is free and will be held in the Cerbat Conference Room in the Medical Professional Center from12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Please note that all participants should enter through the side entrance by the lab for this presentation. Participants bring their own lunch and KRMC provides a beverage and dessert.
There is no charge for the program but seating is limited. The doors will open at 11:30 a.m. the day of the event. To ensure enough seating and desserts, please contact KRMC’s Public Relations at 681-8656 to make a reservation.
- · April 5th – the Tenth Annual KABAM! (Kingman Area Books are Magic Festival), authors, books, live entertainment at Locomotive Park.
- · Kingman Color Dash, April 5th at Mohave County Fairgrounds to raise monies for North Country HealthCare’s Angel Fund.
- · April 5th - MotoX Madness at the Arizona Playground. Adults $8, kids 6-11 $5, Under 5 Free. Gates open at 8am, practice at 9:30, races start at 10:30. For more info go tocerbatmotosports.com.
- · Venture Club’s Casino Night Fundraiser, Saturday April 12th at the Central Commercial Building. Funds benefit Harbor House. This event promises an evening lf Las Vegas style entertainment with dinner and dancing. Doors open at 5:30 with dinner from 6-7pm and gaming tables open from 7 to 10 pm with DJ throughout. Call Liza Noland at 480/550-0016for more information.
- · April 12-13th – Triple Crown Fundraiser for Healing Hooves – includes golf tournament, bike run, dinner with auction. Call 279-7581 for more information.
- · April 26th - MotoX Madness at Mohave County Fairgrounds. Adults $8, kids 6-11 $5, Under 5 Free. Gates open at 8am, practice at 9:30, races start at 10:30. For more info go to cerbatmotosports.com.
- · May 10th - MotoX Madness at the Arizona Playground. Adults $8, kids 6-11 $5, Under 5 Free. Gates open at 8am, practice at 9:30, races start at 10:30. For more info go tocerbatmotosports.com.
- · Every Friday night at 6:00pm you can meet at Bicycle Outfitters located at 3001 Stockton Hill RD for a beginners group mountain bike ride. Every Saturday morning at 6 am a group meets for a group Road ride. Call 928-753-7538 for more information.
- · Ultimate Frisbee every Tuesday and Friday nights at 7:00pm. Use a lighted Frisbee and the teams wear glow sticks around their necks. It is a great time with friends and coworkers. Check it out on Face book Ultimate Night Frisbee League. Cost: Donations for Glow sticks at Monsoon Park (corner of Eastern and Southern)
- · Wine Tasting at Stetson Winery in Valle Vista every Friday and Saturday from 12 to 4; live music every Sunday from 4 to 7 pm.
- · Wine Tasting at Cella Winery in Valle Vista, Friday and Saturday from 11 to 5 and Sunday from 12 to 6.
- · Check out Kingman Parks & Rec Winter/Spring Guide – everything from Easter Coloring Contests to a railroad trip in Durango, CO – Call 757-7919 for more information.
- · Alpacas of the Southwest welcomes people to visit the ranch to get up close and personal with kid friendly alpacas. Tours are 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Thursday through Monday. Cost is $6.00 a carload. Please call first 928/338-7806 or 928/225-1450.
- · Cocktails & Corks Spirit Tour every Saturday (from 12:30 to 4:30 pm)until May 24th. For $20 per person you can hop aboard and enjoy a leisurely trip on the Magnuson Hotel Shuttle to the area’s growing spirits and wine venues for private tours and tasting of their products. All tours begin at Kingman’s Historic Powerhouse Visitor Center (120 W Andy Devine). All participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- · Kingman Back Country Horsemen meet at Calico’s Restaurant the first Wednesday of each month for a no host dinner at 5:30 and meeting at 6:30 pm. Call Carol at 279-8154 or Brenda at 303-4911 for more information.
KRMC Foundation Announces 2014 Route 66 Race for Hospice
Kingman, Arizona – [March 26, 2014] Kingman Regional Medical Center Foundation, the Dambar & Steakhouse, Desert Construction, The Lingenfelter Center and KJJJ Radio are pleased to announce the Eleventh Annual Route 66 Race for Hospice. The event will be held on Saturday, May 10th starting promptly at 7:15 a.m.
The goal of the event this year is to raise funds to help support operations of the Joan and Diana Hospice Home in Kingman. The home began seeing patients in July, 2010 and offers hospice services to those individuals who are dying from a terminal illness.
The 10k and 5k races begin and end at the PowerhouseVisitorCenter on Route 66/Andy Devine. The route continues up the El Trovatore hill. The 5k turnaround point is at the crest of the hill, but the 10k continues up Hualapai Mountain Road turning around just past the Copper Ridge apartments, and follows the same route back. The 3-mile walk also starts at the PowerhouseVisitorCenter but then meanders through historic downtown Kingman before finishing at LocomotivePark where the closing awards ceremony will be held. There will also be a one-mile run for juniors 12 years and under.
Entry fee is $25 for adults and $15 for children (12 years and younger) prior to May 2nd. The fee for adults is $30 thereafter. Participants who raise $100 or more in pledges will have their entry fee waived and be eligible for prizes at the awards party afterwards. All participants will receive a colorful t-shirt with a grab bag full of goodies. Prizes will be awarded to the 10k and 5k top three finishers for each age group by gender.
Packet pick-up will be on Friday, May 9th from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Dambar & Steakhouse. All participants who pick up their packets there will receive a coupon for 20% off their dinner that evening at the Dambar.